Riker's Blog-o-Plenty

I am intrigued by the power of the "Blog". Hopefully you will find my ravings of interest, if not, look elsewhere.

Friday, December 03, 2004

What I'm Playing Right Now...

Hello folks,

Today I thought I'd write a little something about the video games I've been playing. Sooo many to list. This has been a tremendous year for gamers. Personally, I'm pretty addicted to my XBOX, although I just upgraded my PC about 2 weeks ago so I could play Half-Life 2 and Doom 3. Oh yeah, and revisiting Far Cry on the "new" machine is just oh so sweet.

So, other than the 3 names I dropped above, I'm also working on quite a few XBOX titles. Halo 2, of course, Need for Speed Underground 2, Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow and Sudeki. Ummm, and a little GTA: San Andreas for PS2. Whew, that's a lot of gaming.

Honestly, it's sensory overload. There is no way I can actually appreciate all that these awesome games have to offer when I'm thinking about the other one. It's like cheating on a girlfriend... I know I shouldn't but they just make it sooo easy.

Anyhow, out of all these titles, 2 stick out as being truly incredible titles. Firstly, Half-Life 2 is simply the best FPS I've played, ever. Sorry Halo 2 fans, the game experience is just uncomparable. Halo 2 felt like more of the same, albeit on a much bigger level. Half-Life 2 is a visceral experience. I actually feel like I'm "in" the game. The controls are bang on, the audio is engrossing and the visuals, well, let's just say they are among the best I've seen. You owe it to yourself to play this game. If you want a full review there are plenty on the net for your perusal.

As for the 2nd title, Need for Speed Underground 2 is one of the best racing experiences. Now, I'm somewhat biased because, well, I love racing games. Doesn't matter if it's a simulator, arcade or some blend in between. Of course, how can a game be bad when you can customize your ride to the max, race like a madman through heavy traffic on great roads and get to accumulate mad bank to keep on buying more parts and more cars. There is almost no part of the cars you can own, including the Hummer H2 (my personal favorite :)), that can't be customized to some degree. NFSU2 includes the ability to add hydraulics, spinners, audio/video gear and more vinyls/decals and paint than any person could possibly need. So far, my garage consists of a totally pimp Honda Civic, an up-and-coming H2 and a Toyota Supra Turbo.

Can I live my life in a video game? Hmmm, thought provoking...

-- Riker --


1 Comments:

  • At 10:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ya know, I was trying to figure out where that picture came from and I just remembered it was from the house boat trip. You're funny... of all the pictures you could choose.

    My posting has nothing to do with gaming. Unless you want to talk about the extreme volleyball one where the women's boobs move every time they hit the ball. I was good at that game.

    I like your blog. I like reading your entries. It makes me mad that your English is better than mine.

    -Anneke

     

Post a Comment

<< Home