Riker's Blog-o-Plenty

I am intrigued by the power of the "Blog". Hopefully you will find my ravings of interest, if not, look elsewhere.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

An iPod Christmas?

Wow, does apple have a hot product on their hands or what? You basically can't go outside without seeing an iPod advertisement somewhere. Who would have thought that white would be so in fashion? Especially after labor day? :)

Good luck shopping for iPod at Christmas. Around here the stores can barely keep them in stock. Tell me an executive at Apple isn't getting a fat Christmas bonus this year. Here's to hoping the iTunes Music Store launches for Canadians soon. Rumor is it's coming this month.

To be honest, I love my iPod. I have a Gen 3 iPod that I picked up about a year ago, don't know what I'd do without it. The thing that is really killing me is that people advertise for Apple just by walking around. Think crisp white headphones, peering at you from under toques or hats (yes, I'm Canadian and winter is coming). Personally, I prefer to not walk around advertising that I have a $300+ electronic gadget on me that screams "Look at me! I'm part of the club!" Free advertising for Apple is up to you, and that's what they want, but realize you have a choice. Either way, your call, just think about it next time you are leaving the house.

I'm happy to admit that I own and love my iPod but the first thing I did when I took it out of the box was to lose the geeky white headphones, buy a good case to protect it and keep it out of sight when I'm out and about. White headphones??? What the hell? Besides, the headphones are garbage anyway. Try the Shure e2c or e3c headphones out if you are looking for great in-ear performance. BTW, I have no affiliation to Shure, I just know what I like in the audio department.

While I'm on the subject, here are a couple of sites / tools that no iPod owner should be without:

iPodlounge - One of the best iPod community sites out there. Thanks guys, you've been a big help.

iPoding - A great site with lots of interesting iPod discussion. My 2nd favorite iPod destination behind the aforementioned lounge.

ipod-zone - Hosted in France but site is in English. Another resource for the hungry iPod fan.

EphPod - You will figure out what to do with this one when you realize that putting music on your iPod is a one way affair. At least, that's how it's supposed to work.

theIstore - Great site with lots of cool iPod skins. Pick your Gen of iPod and start shopping for accessories.

iPod Hacks Site - If you are feeling brave, check this site out. Lots of ideas for your iPod.

Hackaday - iPod Hacks - Yet another great site with great ideas of how to think outside the iPod.

PDASmart - If you iPod is broken and not under warranty, these guys could be helpful.

iPod Batteries - Your iPod battery shot. Check here for a new one. Maybe you can even do it yourself?

Alright, so that about does it for now. I'd love to hear suggestions on other great resources to do with iPods. Remember, lose the white headphones, ok?

See you on the streets people.

-- Riker --



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home