Riker's Blog-o-Plenty

I am intrigued by the power of the "Blog". Hopefully you will find my ravings of interest, if not, look elsewhere.

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Catching up

I'll try to keep this short. Basically, I had a bit of a moment this evening. I received an email from a good friend of mine, we happen to share the same first and last (although his is a hyphenated variant) names. We'll call him Westy... (Sorry man, had to drop your name). Anyhow, Westy and I have been friends for about 5 years or so and in that time we've been through a lot together. I think of him like a brother more than a friend. Recently he moved to the USA to be with his absolutely fantastic girlfriend, and I miss him a lot. Now, I have other friends, and they are all special to me for various reasons but Westy said something to me in his email that I really appreciated. He said "I am your friend and this will never change...if you ever need someone to talk to you can count on me." You know what, I know that's the truth and I love you for it man. Sorry, it really hit me harder than I would have thought, I needed to say something about it. The same goes for you, I'm here if you need me.

Sorry for the sappy stuff. Go spend some time catching up with someone you've lost touch with. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

-- Riker --

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home